Any problem that you have is only a problem in the way you think about it. And changing your thought patterns is easier than you think. One of the best therapy based tools available to help create a balanced mind and fertile body is NLP – Neuro Linguistic Programming. We refer our patients to Holly Clarke, who has exceptional skills in NLP and Hypnotherapy.
You are likely to find many different descriptions of NLP. But essentially NLP is a treatment option with a wide range of methods and models for understanding how people think, behave and change. It offers a flexible approach which brings about positive, fast change in individuals and organisations.
NLP has been around since the 1970’s, and was conceived by John Grinder and Richard Bandler’s curiosity. Why are some people so much better than others in certain fields? What is that “difference” and how can we a) learn it and b) teach it to others? To cut a long story short, they discovered how to “model” the way people do things and then teach it to others.
NLP tools are the most effective way to transform our limiting or negative perceptions into positive and realistic perceptions that are useful to us. In this way, NLP can be used to heal the past, so that we can experience the present with greater conscious awareness and therefore be proactive in our actions toward the future that we desire.
When applied to fertility, NLP utilizes the mind-body connection to heal the cause of stress and anxiety in this context, and have a positive influence on one’s attitudes and beliefs about fertility, pregnancy and parenthood, as well as optimising the function of the reproductive system down to a cellular level.
Stress (or how we respond to stress) can be key to allowing our bodies to become fertile. Stress, anxiety, unexpressed or overexpressed emotions and unhelpful beliefs affect the nerve cells that send messages to all parts of the body, this in turn increases the stress hormone Cortisol. High levels of Cortisol lead to immune, digestive and reproductive suppression. It essentially creates a hormone imbalance within your body. And when your hormones aren’t balanced, your fertility is compromised. Our bodies are designed to prevent conception from occurring during times of extreme stress. Please be aware this is long term stress, not a simple stress over what to cook for the in-laws or a bad day at work!
“Time and gentleness with oneself heals all wounds.”
There are several studies that have been conducted which highlight the benefit of mind/body techniques:
Dr Alice Domar’s study published in 2000 in the Journal of Fertility and Sterility, found that 55% of the previously infertile women in the mind/body techniques group conceived, compared to just 20% of the controls group.
WHAT WILL AN NLP SESSION WITH HOLLY DO FOR YOU?
- stop the negative emotions and stress about fertility issues and increase feelings of calm
- resolve inner conflicts/issues that may be unconsciously stopping conception
- address fears about pregnancy & birth
- address relationship issues
- unresolved trauma, including previous miscarriage or still birth or terminations
- unresolved grief, anger, sadness, fear or any strong emotions
- work/life balance
- remove block to losing or gaining weight
- bring back a sense of control
- improve intimacy and sexual relationship
- prepare for IVF and other fertility treatment
- create resources for going through IVF process
- build inner resources
- trust in your body and ability to get pregnant and carry to term
- learn to balance your body and mind
- release emotional blocks that may be getting in your way
- help create the perfect environment for you to conceive a healthy baby
Want to know more? Give Holly a call on – ph: 0407 310 138.
Kirsten is available for consult Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mornington Chinese Medicine.
To book call us on 5973 6886.