As the weather begins to warm up our thoughts turn to celebrating the festive season and entertaining for family and friends. This week TCM practitioner Jan Woodcock shares with us her recipe for a delicious Beetroot Pesto – perfect for a sunny afternoon get together!
- 2 beetroots (middle size or 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper (according to taste)
- Peel beetroot and cut into quarters
- Put into a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over them, toss to coat with oil
- Bake for one hour at 170 degrees or until soft
- Roast pine nuts on dry frying pan till golden and fragrant
- Combine all ingredients: baked beetroots, roasted pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and blend well
- Spread pesto on bread or crackers, serve with sheep or goat cheese and mint or spinach leaves.