HOORAY FOR SUMMER
Summer is the season to nourish our heart energy. Gathering with friends and family and being outdoors is a great way to do this. The warm weather gives us more vitality and more smiles. How lucky are we in Australia that our Christmas and holidays are celebrated in summer meaning we are doing what it is our hearts need the most.
What ever your diary looks like winding down to the end of the year, Boxing day is a time to feel free. Having fun is summers golden rule, dance, laugh, play and love. Be spontaneous, enjoy yourself and your heart will feel full.
Summer fruits are here and they are delicious. Source local and seasonal and add them to everything, salads, smoothies, desserts, cocktails and mocktails.
We tend to eat lots cold foods in summer and although this is the season to do so our stomachs still like food that is warm easy to digest. Below a good recipe to jazz up some peaches and for the not so hot days our summers can bring!
Cinnamon roasted peaches with vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter or sunflower oil
- 500 ml yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees
- Wash the peaches carefully, cut them in half, remove the pit and place them in a small baking dish or baking pan
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar over the peaches and divide flakes of butter or sunflower oil
- Cook the peaches for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven
- While the peaches are in the oven, mix the yogurt, vanilla extract and maple or honey
- Serve the roasted peaches in a bowl with a few tablespoons of yogurt and garnish with some fresh mint leaves if you feel fancy
Kerry Marshall | Registered Acupuncturist | Birth Attendant | MCM
Kerry treats Fertility, Women’s Health and Shonishin Paediatric Acupuncture at Mornington Chinese Medicine Tuesdays and Fridays