“Many of us have such go-go-go lifestyles these days, it’s no wonder we need a little extra support. I’m a big believer in having your cheer squad of practitioners to regularly touch base with and keep you on the straight and narrow! I love helping my patients get to the point where they’re feeling their best, then touching base every now and again to make sure they stay that way.”
Doctor of Chinese Medicine & Registered Acupuncturist (B.Hsc)
An empathetic and thoughtful practitioner, Maya takes a holistic approach to the health of her patients, helping them get to the root of their body’s disharmony. Could it be that your neck tension, sluggish bowels, skin break outs, awful periods and flat moods are all rooted in the same disharmony? Is your daily diet and lifestyle hindering or helping you to thrive in your life according to your constitution? With her approach, Maya works not only to resolve your ailments, but also helps you understand why they came about in the first place; empowering you to take back control of your health so you can achieve lasting results by implementing sustainable changes in your life.
In addition to her undergraduate degree, Maya also underwent thousands of hours of clinical observation throughout her five years of study with a variety of mentors spanning across many fields within Chinese Medicine. She has also sought learning Chinese Medicine at its root, spending time in Nanjing, China during her final year of study. More recently, Maya also volunteered her skills in the Bajrabarahi region of Nepal, providing frontline health care services to residents of rural areas who would have otherwise gone without medical care.
Today, Maya considers herself to be a General Practitioner of Chinese Medicine. She does, however, have a keen interest in the areas of menstrual health, fertility and pregnancy support, digestive health, dermatology, as well as mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Menstrual health encompasses irregular cycles, painful periods (dysmenorrhea), no period at all (amenorrhea), pre-menstrual symptoms, endometriosis, polycystic ovaries and PCOS, perimenopause and the many associated symptoms such as fatigue, migraines, insomnia, chronic recurrent UTI’s, etc.
- Fertility and pregnancy support can include optimising pre-conception health, assisting natural conception, IVF support, and pre and post-natal care.
- Digestive health includes assisting conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea, irregular bowels, excessing reflux, gas, indigestion, and other gut issues.
- Chinese medicine dermatological intervention can aid conditions such as acne, eczema/dermatitis, psoriasis, and rosacea.
- When it comes to mental and emotional wellbeing, Maya is passionate about helping her patients get unstuck from the vicious cycle of anxiety and depression.